Cup holder?? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Cup holder??

Hi guys
I'm just a month into Fluence Z.e. expression ownership.
I am really enjoying the car but found it lacking in two small ways.

1. What no bluetooth! shocking on a car of it's class but whatever a parrot mki9200 install later and issue one sorted.

2. What no cup holder! am I missing something? surely they can't have forgotten the cup holder. I tried the ashtray but it just doesn't cut it as a cup holder.

Has anybody come up with a clever workaround. I've looked at halfords offerings and ebay and can't find a sturdy safe option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

RE: Cup holder??

Er.... you bought the wrong model. It comes standard on the Dynamique and connects seamlessly with the in car display. As for the cup holder, again, one of the features of the other model, but because of the dash overhang, only small cups can be placed securely!

The differentials are pretty standard as incentives to opt for better specced models - assuming a feature it often the wrong way to look at things!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
Er.... you bought the wrong model. It comes standard on the Dynamique and connects seamlessly with the in car display. As for the cup holder, again, one of the features of the other model, but because of the dash overhang, only small cups can be placed securely!

The differentials are pretty standard as incentives to opt for better specced models - assuming a feature it often the wrong way to look at things!
Yeah I'm just surprised it's not standard, saftey issue and all that.

that hole under the power socket is the ashtray holder not a cup holder, sure it could at a push hold a very small cup, but who uses them.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

The ash-tray hole is a removeable container - indeed Renault had this in my Espace IV no ashtray, just a cup containing a mechanism to stub a *** out ad catch the ash. Throw the cup away, and you had your holder!

The cost difference in models was only arounf 1k, but in addition to the enhanced toys, the audio system is truly superb!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page