vodafone mcu - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

vodafone mcu

I just found out that the fluence is fitted with a Vodafone mobile connection unit. This unit sends all sorts of private information about your usage back to vodafone, Renault and even tomtom. disabling it in the settings has no effect on the information they receive.
Does anybody know where this Mcu is located? what it looks like? and how it can be disabled?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 06:56 PM

RE: vodafone mcu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliguy
Does anybody know where this Mcu is located? what it looks like? and how it can be disabled?
FIRST: If you are leasing the battery you should not mess with the telematics unit.

second: It's somewhere behind or on the side of the glove box.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

RE: vodafone mcu

Firstly, Vodafone don't care what you do - they see no viable information. The Voda SIM card is a M2M (machine to machine) GPRS link and connects to Renault's server in France. The TT connection is primarily one-way, from TT to you (for local traffic info) the process works in reverse, as your speed and location is used to provide traffic flow data to other users of the system.

The SIM is in the glove box (mine is a German one) but Voda DE is shown as my network carrier. As far as I'm aware, battery info IS transmitted, but only to you. Any lease issues are trapped at the dealership. It may be possible to disable the vehicle remotely, but have never heard of this actually happening.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page