Acceleration - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Acceleration

Is it just me or does ~8 sec for the 0-100 km/h sprint sound a bit "fantastic"? I've just been looking at the Smart ED: at 900 kg (?) it takes about 11.5 seconds, and the Zoe is quite heavy compared to that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 PM

RE: Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by futtie
Is it just me or does ~8 sec for the 0-100 km/h sprint sound a bit "fantastic"?
It's not just you. Expect a time in the 13.5s range. Electric cars don't need to change gear, but they're heavier und at last, acceleration is a matter of power and the 60 kW of the Zoe are somewhat limited.

The Nissan Leaf has 80 kW and goes 0-100 in around 11s...

Regards
Umbi

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by umberto

The Nissan Leaf has 80 kW and goes 0-100 in around 11s...
...and the Leaf is ~130kgs heavier... I've read of times in the order of 6,9-8 secs for the Leaf... Rob Llewellyn (Fully Charged) made a quite unscientific test and got a 7,5-ish time... 9,9 is mentioned as an unofficial time on the Wikipedia page here.
Maybe the engine/transmission is set to "max out" at 135 km/h and thus a very good acceleration is the result of that...?
I know it's an academic question - it's not supposed to do a 0-100 from every traffic light... I was just wondering...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM

I'm hoping it does have a good acceleration - I think it's the only way my friends would be persuaded to go electric.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:29 PM

Acceleration

I hoped to get the 8 seconds of ZOE Preview. But unfortunatelly drafts of ZOE data sheets from Renault Switzerland have a 13.5 in it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm hoping it does have a good acceleration - I think it's the only way my friends would be persuaded to go electric.
I had the chance to drive several electrical cars already. They all were in the 50-90 kW range (no Tesla roadster so far, sigh :-)) and they all felt quick until 60-70 km/h, then became tough...I remember feeling my heart sink when entering a German Autobahn with full throttle thinking "I hope this lorry is not coming any closer..."

And guys, the official 0-100 time for the Leaf from the german downloadable brochure is 11.9 s. There are nowadays a lot of people online with awkward sense of humor, distorted perception or what else...so I'm skeptical to blog posts and forum posts in generally because everybody copies any info without crosschecking (see the post about delays on the Zoe delivery I fell for)..and by the way: the 9.9 from the Wikipedia is a 0-96, so it's a 10.5 or so for the 0-100....

Regards
Umbi
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 PM

I found an interesting Zoe specification page today - it's half official, in that it's a Renault dealer website, but not the main Renault website.

RenaultZoeSpecs_ArnoldWebsite_c by Trevor EV, on Flickr

Page: http://www.arnoldclark.com/renault/e...-cars/zoe.html

It clearly states an acceleration time of 8.2 seconds for 0-60mph (0-96.56kmh), so about 8.5 for 0-100kmh.

That's not bad!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 06:01 PM

Acceleration

I don't believe that this site is a good source to believe in.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page