UK Release - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

UK Release

Hi all,

I'm new here. I've been wanting to buy an electric car for a long time, but the ZOE is the first thing that comes close to being affordable for me.

Has there been any official word on delays? Also, has anyone got any indication of what finance packages are going to be available in the UK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM

RE: UK Release

Officially first deliveries are end Q1 2013. There's been nothing official on finance, though I imagine there will be something available similar to Renault's standard '4+':

http://www.renault.co.uk/4plus/
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Officially first deliveries are end Q1 2013. There's been nothing official on finance, though I imagine there will be something available similar to Renault's standard '4+':

http://www.renault.co.uk/4plus/
Thanks for the reply! I've not owned a car before, let alone a new one, so I've no idea how the finance works. Just got my automatic licence, primarily went auto as I'm ****-bent on getting an electric if I can.

Just looking at the Clio which is OTR for 12,600ish, and the monthly payments are 169. Do you think it's reasonable to expect the ZOE would be in that range too, obviously then adding the battery lease? I had the impression from somewhere that it'd be 300/month plus battery lease, so 169 would be a pleasant surprise!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM

2000 pa sounds too low on a 12k car to me - was there a big deposit required for that option?

Edit: I've just had a look at the Clio page on the Renault website - if you saw this scheme then it seems you're looking at a deposit of 1k, plus a final payment of 3.5k at the end of the 4 years:

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/...erdisplay.aspx

I think you had it right initially - 14k over 4 years is going to be about 300pm. There can be a reduction in monthly payment with a deposit or other payment, but one way or another you've got to hand over the total amount over 4 years.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
2000 pa sounds too low on a 12k car to me - was there a big deposit required for that option?

Edit: I've just had a look at the Clio page on the Renault website - if you saw this scheme then it seems you're looking at a deposit of 1k, plus a final payment of 3.5k at the end of the 4 years:

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/...erdisplay.aspx

I think you had it right initially - 14k over 4 years is going to be about 300pm. There can be a reduction in monthly payment with a deposit or other payment, but one way or another you've got to hand over the total amount over 4 years.
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your insights! Large final payment works for me, as by then my student loan will have cleared (after ten sodding years!) so saving that up shouldn't be so much of a problem.

As an aside, I was very pleased to get an insurance quote from PlugInsure that was only about 350 for fully comp on the ZOE. I've only just got my licence so was expecting it to be hugely expensive, but a friend in the industry says that EVs are often put into the same category as tiny petrol engines, which might explain the reasonableness of that quote.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Just had a tweet from Renault UK saying that UK orders will open in early November, and that's when finance packages will be unveiled.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM

Yes, Andy Heiron told me last month there will be customer evenings at Renault Zoe dealers in November - the first opportunity for test drives.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Got an email from Renault, and the Motorline dealership in Canterbury will be having an 'open evening' featuring the ZOE on the 27th November. They said you'll be able to get inside, which is a step forward from the ZE tour.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 AM

Good news! Some progress, at least.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page