Revealed - ZOE Finance Packages! - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Revealed - ZOE Finance Packages!

Hi all,

I went to a ZOE presentation at my local Motorline dealership this evening. I'm really happy to say they finally revealed the monthly costs of a new ZOE.

Expression
Deposit: 2,492
Monthly: 179 + battery lease

Dynamique Intens/Zen
Deposit: 2,888
Monthly: 189 + battery lease

The price of an electric charge point can be rolled into the finance package.

The ZOE will not be chargeable from a standard UK three-pin socket without a 400 adapter.

The ZOE does not come with a spare wheel, instead it comes with repair spray.

The battery will be replaced when it reaches 75% original capacity, and the rep thought this would take 5-10 years.

Battery leases are renegotiable.

The representative I spoke to said it would be very unlikely for any further big delays, as it'd be a disaster for Renault.

The lead time is not likely to increase significantly if you are not at the head of the queue. The rep I spoke to posited that 250 had been ordered so far, and that if for example you were number 500 you would still expect to get yours on launch.[hr]
Additionally I got a number for British Gas' EV hotline, who will apparently come and give you a quote for a home-charge point: 0800 980 8175.

I'll be giving them a call tomorrow, will let you know how I get on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 AM

RE: Revealed - ZOE Finance Packages!

Thanks for posting. Do you have any details on the finance?

Is that hire purchase, lease purchase, personal contract hire, PCP, or something else? Numbers seem too low for Hire Purchase. Hire purchase for a Zoe Expression shell should be around 275 for 48 months.

Contract term?
Miles per year if not hire purchase? If PCP, what is the option to purchase price?

On the Kangoo, Renault offers hire purchase for the shell + battery lease. Business customers have the option of contract hire including battery. We were told we could probably get the contract hire if we wanted it, just had to add VAT to the payments.

Quote:
The ZOE does not come with a spare wheel, instead it comes with repair spray.
For the Zoe, which is essentially a city car, I don't see that as an issue. It is becoming common for many cars to not have a spare. This is done to reduce costs. Sometimes leaving out the spare reduces fuel consumption just enough to make a target.

In the US, very few people are willing to change their own tire anymore.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie
Thanks for posting. Do you have any details on the finance?

Is that hire purchase, lease purchase, personal contract hire, PCP, or something else? Numbers seem too low for Hire Purchase. Hire purchase for a Zoe Expression shell should be around 275 for 48 months.

Contract term?
Miles per year if not hire purchase? If PCP, what is the option to purchase price?
The term is 48 months, and it's PCP. The internal memo (that I was lucky to wangle a copy of) doesn't mentioned the final payment, but the APR is 8.9%. Can it be worked out knowing the deposit, term, OTR price and APR?

Sheet doesn't mention mileage.

Only other bit of information on the sheet says "ZOE Non Scheme Selections available with a competitive APR of 8.9%. National headline offers are as follows", and then features the numbers in my first post.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay

The term is 48 months, and it's PCP. The internal memo (that I was lucky to wangle a copy of) doesn't mentioned the final payment, but the APR is 8.9%. Can it be worked out knowing the deposit, term, OTR price and APR?

Assuming:

Purchase Price On the Road 13650
Customer Deposit 2492
apr 8.9%
Period 48 months

Then final value is about 5500. PCP usually has end of contract fees that can be up to a few hundred pounds. Some of the PCP fees end up in the APR, so the FV calculation is approximate.

PCP is safest since we have no idea what a Zoe will be worth in 4 year.

On the Kangoo Z.E., Renault is offering 8.1% apr purchase finance. The other option is a contract lease that includes the van, the battery and optionally servicing. Contract Lease doesn't have an option to buy. You have to return the van at the end of the contract.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie
Then final value is about 5500.
Now you say that, it does ring a bell. The salesperson did say that they work it out so that the expected residual value of the car will cover the deposit on the next car, so you can just roll over and continue monthly payments. One would hope the deposit on a next-gen EV in four years would be a bit less though!

Slightly worried about this talk of further delays. I really needed a car now, so March/April is an uncomfortable delay as it is.

I called British Gas (Renault's appointed charging-point installation partner) who were utterly useless on the phone. After four calls, and being promised someone would call me back each time, I finally got an appointment for an engineer to visit my home and quote on the installation of a charge point booked. Soonest they could do was 20th December.

I hope British Gas up their game before the ZOE gets proper marketing!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm not at all surprised about British Gas. I doubt they've installed more than a handful. That is about to change when hundreds of new Zoe owners all ring up at the same time.

Let us know how that goes.

We live out in the sticks. (type LL58 8RR into google maps) I might try and get a local electrician to install a Rollec Wall Pod instead of using BG.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page