Delayed 'til August - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Delayed 'til August

I've just been told by Renault customer services that the UK won't see demo Zoe models until June, and orders won't be delivered until 6-8 weeks after that.

They're still blaming the R-Link, which I frankly don't believe.

I called to complain about British Gas and to see if they could recommend an alternative charge point installer, which they couldn't. They did say that they've got an agreement with a company called Polar who will give you a 'free' charge box and installation, but you then pay an extra 10 a month as part of the car finance.

Really, really annoyed and disappointed. I needed to have transport for my family in November, and had been stretching the tolerance of my missus by waiting for the Zoe. Very irritated that they haven't been more transparent and honest about their schedules, instead of wasting my time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 PM

RE: Delayed 'til August

Bad news for us and Renault.

I doubt we will wait that long.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 PM

Deejay, I saw Renault ZE replied to your tweet.

Did they give you more information in private??

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie
Deejay, I saw Renault ZE replied to your tweet.

Did they give you more information in private??
They said someone would contact me in the new year, I assume as the office was about to close. Would be over the moon if they propose something that means I get one sooner, but I expect they'll just want to post me a brochure. Here's hoping having 1.7k followers on Twitter makes them want to sell me an early version!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 AM

I'm in a text chat with Renault Live Z.E. help.

Latest estimate for UK demonstrators is now early May 2013.

Person I chatted with at Live Z.E. said he had no idea what is causing the delay but did apologise.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

A customer services manager at Renault UK called me a couple of days ago. She was super helpful and professional, and took all the details of the sub-optimal experiences I'd had dealing with British Gas. Hopefully the process will get refined to be easier for other prospective purchasers in the future.

I did ask if she knew anything more concrete about the release date of the Zoe in the UK, and she said she'd check with "the ZE team" and get back to me. I also asked if there was any finance agreement we could enter into, whereby we 'buy' a petrol car now, and then 'swap' to a Zoe upon release. She said she'd look into it; I'm waiting to hear back on that one.

Really, really need a car now - had been waiting for the Zoe, but trying to get two kids around on bicycles in winter is just not very practical! I'm also really reluctant to get a fossil-fuel car, as I'll never hear the end of "told you so" from various EV nay-sayers.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Just had a call back from the customer services manager.

She said deliveries in June, which ties with demo cars being around in early May.

No nice option for getting a conventional car and 'switching' to a Zoe, it'd be a part of part-exchanging a car when the Zoe arrives, which sadly means a loss in value :/
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM

There are short term car leases available. Maybe not any at terms you want. Google will find some of them. If you don't mind driving a LHD car, you can get a Peugeot or Citroen. -- I've got the links somewhere.

Depending on where you live, you may also be able to use one of neighboorhood car rental companies. Zipcar or ... a few of them have Leafs in the fleet.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. Renault only do 12-month leases, and the cheapest I've seen the Leaf on a long term hire for was about 600 a month. Even long-term petrol hires are north of 300 a month.

Looks like we'll have to wait. Luckily my other half supports this idea, but I daren't think what might happen if the Zoe is delayed again!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Very helpful and professional customer services lady from Renault called today to wrap up after my tribulations with British Gas. I thanked her for her help, and also let her know that there's a number of Zoe reservers who feel jaded at the lack of communication regarding delays, and asked if she could feed back to the teams responsible that whilst there aren't a lot of us, we do congregate in the same places on the internet, and that we'd like more information.

I can't imagine anything changing in such a large organisation with so many verticals, but here's hoping they take the concerns of their early adopters more seriously so we can evangelise the product we're all excited about.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page