Dates for Germany - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Dates for Germany

Hi,

according to the Frankfurt Renault dealer where I attended preview driving on Friday, Germay will get cars from the May production.

In detail, ordering starts in Mid April (Price list had the date 15.4.13 on it), people who prereservated and order quick will get their cars end of June, beginning of July.

Finally...

Oh, how it felt? Fantastic. Silent, quiet, like flying in a sail plane, even on the bad track that the test route went over (some cobble stone parts), a bit stiff, but not uncomfortable, the car felt not as heavy as could be, lost 7 km of range on a 13 km city track (average for some drives was 20 kwh/100 km),

Disappointments:
the closing sound of the doors is quite cheesy and there were only 30% of the possible driving slots filled with names...in one of the richest towns in Germanys with a lot of jams which should be the ideal terrain for a full electric car.

Regards
Umbi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM

RE: Dates for Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by umberto

the closing sound of the doors is quite cheesy and there were only 30% of the possible driving slots filled with names...in one of the richest towns in Germanys with a lot of jams which should be the ideal terrain for a full electric car.
Could it be they are waiting for the i3 and Model S?

Do EVs in general get negative press in Germany? There is biased anti-EV press coverage in the UK.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

RE: Dates for Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie

Could it be they are waiting for the i3 and Model S?
Maybe. There are a lot of models to wait for in the queue for the next 18 months (VW, Ford, BMW, Mercedes) and the previews were for prereserved people only.

Quote:
Do EVs in general get negative press in Germany? There is biased anti-EV press coverage in the UK.
Since I don't read print magazines, I can't tell about them. What I read in the web is neither too negative nor too enthusiastic. Germans tend to prefer to talk about problems more than about chances and under this condition coverage tends to be positive.

The Renault salesperson I talked to said that she met a lot of people who were not aware how short their daily driving distances really are and who thought that they couldnt go electric but in fact could. That was interesting, but corresponds to my experieneces with people that don't care how much gas costs because "...I always pay 20 Euros at the gas station..." - absolutely no awareness about how far they can drive for that amount of money...

In general, people are lazy and don't want to change their habits. That's why I think electromobility may fail for the mass market in the next 10-15 years if nothing special happens (sharp incline in fuel costs, political regulations for city access or s.th like that) - or a battery type that can be refiiled with energy like refueling a conventional car.

Regards
Umbi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page