Zoe is here.. - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Zoe is here..

Hi,

finally, after 16 months of anxiously waiting......SHE'S THERE! :-)

The first 60 kms were even better than flying... :-)

Regards
Umbi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Banned

RE: Zoe is here..

What news of your Zoe, Umberto?

You've had her now for three months so what are your experiences?

For some strange reason Zoe owners are not posting on this forum although loads of folk have been reading general posts about the car. I know there's another forum covering the car but those of us here who are involved with Renault EV's are keen to hear all about Zoe ownership - the good and the bad. Let's have some feedback!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Banned

Looking good.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauledg
What news of your Zoe, Umberto?[...] Let's have sme feedback!
Sure, I still love it. Have been driven some 1700 kms so far.

Noise is not present, brilliant feeling. Acceleration from standstill is like driving a sports car. I charge at home with an 11 kW Wallbox, takes max. 3 h from empty to full, most chargings take 2h. No problem so far. Charging losses are around 20% (for every 10 kWh charged 2 kWh are lost in the system).

The only thing not yet finished is the r-link system. While being rich in features ands functions the software isn't as stable as it could be. Lots of arbitrary problems concerning not continuing with the last played MP3, weird resets and so on. Most problems occur in the first minutes when the system is coming up. When on road I had no problems so far. Navigation works fine. Maybe an update will fix this.

A lot of people complain about reflection of the dashboard in the windscreen. It's surely not optimal but not so distracting for me (I'm 1.90m tall, my wife is smaller, she's much more distracted).

Arkanys sound system is very good.

Anxiety due to Range? :-)
Not at all. In July, August and September I had a stable 150 km with lots of city driving (mostly short takes of 4-6 km) - now, when it's cooler, I'm down to 130 km.

Rural roads are the best for long range, some 13 kWh/100 km which makes close to 200 km range. Highway driving pulls out the energy. 100 km/h or more makes the e-machine inefficient, so range drops quickly. But that's something I don't need for longer distances. I took a 45 km drive from 450m MSL to 100 m MSL on the highway with 100-120 km/h and returned (90 km) with 33% SoC. That's ok for me.

If you can afford it and it fits your daily driving needs concerning the range, just do it.
If you need more klilometers....think about moving closer and then get a Zoe. :-)

Regards
Umbi
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Banned

Thanks for that. Keep the updates and pictures coming
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 04:11 AM
Banned

Thanks, Umberto. It sounds like you enjoy your new Zoe. I haven't yet had the chance to drive one, it will be interesting to see how similar (or different) the experience is to the Fluence. Do you find the high front seat backs restrict over-the-shoulder visibility? Peering in at one I felt this might be a worry?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 04:27 AM

I've driven both cars.
Like Fluence it is very quiet and makes many of the same sounds.

Zoe is smaller and better handling. The styling is more modern.

Zoe is more fun to drive but not as comfortable. Just about everything is one generation newer than Fluence. The radio and sat nav (R-Link) works better than Fluence. At least as far as I could tell after a 40 minute drive and 20 minutes in the dealer's car park.

I greatly prefer Fluence's analog instrument panel to Zoe's little electronic one.

Compared to Fluence, Zoe is very much an Economy car. Hard plastics replace the luxury touches that Fluence has. The seats are not nearly as comfortable as Fluence.

Which is better? That's a hard one. They are different cars. Neither car meets our needs although Zoe comes closer. If Zoe had more comfortable front seats, and the rear seats folded flat...
If Fluence wasn't so expensive and had the updated R-Link and the AC rapid charger....

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauledg
Do you find the high front seat backs restrict over-the-shoulder visibility?
Since I have two large child seats in the rear I'm accustomed to using the mirror for reversing. In my Zoe the rear camera with dynamic tracks helps a lot, definitive an option worth the money. So no problem here for me.

Zoe is definitely better than Fluence, it's one generation beyond. Heat pump for economical HVAC, fast charging makes longer travels possible (600 km a day (from morning to evening) is very much possible, no chance with the Fluence). And I have no problems with the seat comfort. I had a Mercedes A-class before, a comfortable car as well, and don't feel second class in the Zoe.

Regards
Umbi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page