High performance Zoe - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

High performance Zoe

Be quick! Until they realise their mistake all Renault Zoes on Autotrader do 0-62mph is just 8.4 seconds. WOW.

That includes the low mileage one from Bristol Street Motors priced at only £21,000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 PM

RE: High performance Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Zoes on Autotrader do 0-62mph is just 8.4 seconds.
Yes, that's what the spec is for the Zoe. Are you surprised?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

I'm amazed, and so are Car Magazine, Carfolio, The Independent, Topgear, The Telegraph. All say it's 13.5 0-62mph.
Autotrader comes in at 8.4, Parkers at 8.1 and Uk-Ecocars at an amazing 6.1
Renault keep quiet.
And it's very noticeable that all the major car magazines make no mention, have they been hushed up???
Even Wikepedia says nowt. But of course anyone can edit their posts.

So unless you can contradict all the above, 8.4 is dreaming from a car with less bhp than the Fluence and not much less weight.
That figure's better than a Dolly Sprint!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:55 PM

Youtube clips indicate it is around 11s.

I would not have been surprised if there was originally a higher burst-power capability on the motor which the 8s spec relates to (variously quoted as anywhere from 8 to 8.8s). Perhaps it was down-tuned when the car was launched, but I agree the 3rd hand evidence suggests it is notably slower than 8s.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Eep

Think the current crop of mainstream EVs missed a trick there - much like turbo diesels have a reputation for being nice 'n torquey low down, electric cars go even better.

I swear that seamless power is what will get the market moving, not adverts about 'saving money' or other such garbage.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Banned

Maybe 8.2 seconds is the0-60 KM time? lol

I agree Eep. Why would you pay the best part of mid twenty thousand pounds for a car to save £500 a year? But the seamless power of EV's (including hybrids which give it to a lesser extent) is what appeals once you've driven one. What about the localised pollution in cities or would that show their existing ICE's in a bad light?

Conspiracy time (not literally), but do all the manufacturers actually want to sell EV's or should I say the regional HQ's? Renault UK have completely hashed the EV roll out that cost their parent company £billions in development. Ford released the UK Focus EV around October last year, not that you'd ever know. It's not on their website and I've never seen an advert, but it is for sale at £28,000. You'll find the let to be released new Mustang pushed and advertised everywhere though. I think Toyota suffer this too. They excel in hybrids, yet the new GT86 is pushed and talked about, yet will sell in low numbers.

I guess it's that most people who work for a car company are petrol heads and love the idea of driving the new Mustang, and perhaps resist when HQ in Stuttgart or Detroit insist they try and sell some poxy electric thingy instead?

Just got to see how the VW E-up, E-Golf and BMW do. If they succeed then EVs have a future. If not, then I fear EVs will die - at least for mainstream manufacturers, or maybe just become compliance cars like the Focus EV.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Performance figures sorted!
Apparently the CONCEPT CAR had an 80kw motor and 0-62 time of 8.1 seconds. When the production version appeared Renault forgot to mention that 0-62 had dropped to 13.5 seconds. Sneaky, eh?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 11:47 AM

Is it not a case that they quote the 0-60 time in Eco mode.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page