ZOE AMI Leipzig 2012 - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

ZOE AMI Leipzig 2012

renault zoe news[attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=4][attachment=5][attachment=6]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Administrator

RE: ZOE AMI Leipzig 2012

I think the ZOE looks quite sharp in black colour. Thanks for sharing the photos.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbledon
I think the ZOE looks quite sharp in black colour. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Well, good looks is one part, but with electric cars you should watch energy consumption with high priority.

Black cars heat up more than white cars which means you need more energy for air condition.

That's why I will order my Zoe in white (although I don't like white cars too much).

Same with the wheels. There is no energy optimized 17", so I will stay with the 16".

Just my 2 cents

Regards
Umbi

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 AM

ZOE AMI Leipzig 2012

You are right, but I don't need maximum range, so I'll spend some 5km range for a good look.
Anyway in my area in germany isn't that much Sun.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 03:08 AM

I'm from Denmark, and heating of the cabin isn't really an issue here either - therefore I've gone for a black with black interior...
I'm not really sure about th 16/17" wheels though - I think I'll go for the standard 16" and maybe swap for some other lightweight alloys later - anybody said "OZ"?
There might be a problem with the special tyres, though. When I had the VW Lupo TDI 3L (2001-2009) I noticed that the energy optimized tyres where badly understeering and there were some braking issues as well. Hopefully that's different with the Michelins...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 AM

ZOE AMI Leipzig 2012

I will go for the 17" rims. I am often cornering and guess the special tyres wouldn't be that good in it. Additionally I think the price will be high due to less customers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futtie
I noticed that the energy optimized tyres where badly understeering and there were some braking issues as well. Hopefully that's different with the Michelins...
Naw, that's a general problem. Rolling resistance and grip are not going well together.

But that's ok for me, for me this is a city car, not a racer. Rolling resistance is a major energy waster when going city speeds...

What I'm still missing is a low rolling resistance winter tire (that's something that doesn't match either on the physics side...) - we tend to have some noticable amount of snow as well as sun.

Regards
Umbi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page