About to collect new Zoe. Then again, maybe not.. - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

About to collect new Zoe. Then again, maybe not..

Hello folks,

Tomorrow is collection day for my Zoe Dynamique Nav. I'm a bit concerned though, as I go through the documents the dealer sent me. Can anyone answer my queries?

1. Chassis finance documents state the excess mileage is £0.08 /mile inc VAT. Do I assume that this is the excess mileage charge for the chassis only, and that there's also an additional excess mileage charge for the battery?

2. Vehicle was registered on 05/11/2015 according to “Confirmation of Registration” document posted to me from the dealership. I am collecting on 24/11/2015. Is this normal? When bought my Leaf (also on 2 year PCP) last year the vehicle was registered on the day I picked the car up.

3. Chassis finance documents state the vehicle is a Zoe Dynamique Nav (correct). Battery finance documents state the vehicle is a Zoe Dynamique Intens (incorrect). Just a typo or cause for concern?

4. I went online to try and check the VIN number, hoping to confirm the vehicle spec, but I'm told that it's a Renault registered in 2005. What?

5. Incidentally, I've just called the DVLA to ask about the VIN number and they've said the vehicle isn't, in fact, registered yet. So what's this “Confirmation of Registration” that the dealership have given me?

6. Battery finance documents state the battery rental agreement is 36 months. It's a 2 year PCP. What's going on here then?

7. Battery finance documents state that the Maximum Contractual Mileage is 30000. But that's for three years. So if I'm keeping the car for 2 years then it's 20000, I assume? I have this on a 10500 miles per year 2 year PCP deal. That's 21000 miles total for the two years, 1000 miles more than the battery agreement permits. It says there's a Hiring Excess Mileage Charge of £7.50 for every 100 miles. So that means I'll have to pay them £75 when I return the car after 2 years, having driven it the 21000 miles that I'm signing up to?

8. Battery finance document states “This Agreement is not cancellable under the CCA”. Cause for concern?

9. Battery finance document states in section 19: “End of the Hiring - transfer of Battery Obligations - return of the battery”.

TR = 2371.10 (£82.33 less 20% VAT = £65.86 * 36 months).
UT = 12
PH = 24
Therefore, C = £540.61

So, if I understand this correctly, once this “2 year PCP” is up, I've got to pay £75 for driving the 10500 miles per year agreed, plus £540.61 for hiring the battery for 2 years and not 3. Correct? It's supposed to be “hand back and walk away” once the 2 years are up. Not “hand back and pay £615.61?.

I'd love some input on this. Thanks.[/u]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

RE: About to collect new Zoe. Then again, maybe not..

Just a quick response as I'm going into a meeting:

6 - your battery lease is seperate, so even if you hand the car back, if the dealer doesn't agree to accept the battery transfer, you'll still be on the hook, and have to pay the termination fees.

8 - The lease isn't a credit arrangement so the CCA doesn't apply, they're just stating the obvious!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 06:51 AM

Post ?5

With the right Gedengni bag, you can rule the world. A great bag can e Packing cubes levate any outfit and lift any bad mood. The caveat? They're expensive,Packing cubes, and only getting more so.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page