Just wondering if anyone knows when deliveries of the Zoe will likely arrive in the UK.
This is what I know:
1. At the launch, the various press reports said September or October 2012, but I imagine this referred to deliveries in France.
2. The Renault ZE website for the UK used to say 'Autumn 2012' or some similar wording.
3. I pointed out to Andy Heiron at EcoVelocity that the Fluence arrived late at dealers and I thought that it was more than likely the Zoe would also be late. He didn't disagree.
4. The Renault ZE website yesterday said 'End of 2012'. Looking today I can't see that written anywhere (though I might just be blind this evening) - it just says 'Reservations Open'.
5. I spoke to a salesman at Marshall Renault Milton Keynes yesterday. They have no Zoes available for test drive (though I'm having a go with a Fluence and Twizy next week) and suggested January 2013 as most likely first delivery.
Meanwhile I came across this link today - it's old (2nd March) but has more production detail on what's happening in the Flins factory than I've found elsewhere:
"This wave of 52 prototype was completed Wednesday and, as of yesterday, on the same lines, operators were beginning to assemble the future Clio IV,...The second wave of prototypes will start in five weeks and the car will be presented in March at the Geneva Motor Show and marketed in the second half."
Google Translate: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...yw01rAaXXGevUA