Twizy Gets Windows - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Twizy Gets Windows

While on the Renault.com website researching the Zoe I noticed that there appear to be plans for Twizy to get windows, with the new version debuting at the Paris Motor Show:

More details here:

http://media.renault.com/global/en-g...?mediaid=33719
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 04:12 AM

RE: Twizy Gets Windows

Hello, Renault main dealer here showed me the powerpoint presentation last week showing that the official windows for the Twizy would be released in December and they would be an easy retrofit. I haven't got very wet yet even driving in heavy rain so I am in no rush, but it would be nice for when the winter kicks in
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehguy
Hello, Renault main dealer here showed me the powerpoint presentation last week showing that the official windows for the Twizy would be released in December and they would be an easy retrofit. I haven't got very wet yet even driving in heavy rain so I am in no rush, but it would be nice for when the winter kicks in
As I have come from a Motor Bike I think the big coat and a hat will do me rather than plastic bag type windows that look like they will lose their opacity or the zips break. At 300 they are a bit steep. Heated jackets are a lot less.

Chris
www.twizyowners.com

Chris
www.Twizyowners.com
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 AM

Just another thought too, the Twizy qualifies for free parking in pay&display bays as it is an insecure vehicle (eg anyone can just get in to it, like a motorbike). Would fitting windows remove this qualification as it could then be seen as a secure vehicle.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Just another thought too, the Twizy qualifies for free parking in pay&display bays as it is an insecure vehicle (eg anyone can just get in to it, like a motorbike). Would fitting windows remove this qualification as it could then be seen as a secure vehicle.
I didn't know about the free parking. Where did you hear about that? or is just in your council area? Not sure I would trust my council.

The Renault windows do not lock so car would be still be insecure but more enclosed. I bet they would make you pay as it is not just a reach and take as the windows would need to be opened.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbrook
Quote:
I didn't know about the free parking. Where did you hear about that? or is just in your council area? Not sure I would trust my council.

The Renault windows do not lock so car would be still be insecure but more enclosed. I bet they would make you pay as it is not just a reach and take as the windows would need to be opened.
That's a good point! I would assume the windows will be considered as doors and now it is a legit vehicle
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGadmin
That's a good point! I would assume the windows will be considered as doors and now it is a legit vehicle
Checked my council - have to pay to park the Twizy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page