Toyota's take on a Twizy - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Toyota's take on a Twizy

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/10...ecognizes.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carscoop
This odd-looking single-passenger electric vehicle (EV) is the Toyota Smart INSECT concept and it made its world premiere today at the CEATEC Japan 2012 advanced technologies exhibition, which runs from October 2 to October 6, in Chiba City, Japan.

The Smart INSECT is a conceptual development of the "COMS" EV produced by the brand's subsidiary Toyota Auto Body Co., and it was designed to display next-generation communications-linked services. The name is an acronym for "Information Network Social Electric City Transporter".

The electric-powered model is equipped with a number of features such as motion sensors, voice recognition and behavior prediction, and it connects with its driver and his or her home via the cloud-based Toyota Smart Center.

Among other things, the Smart INSECT uses facial-recognition technology to detect and authenticate a driver registered with the car and then communicates by opening the doors, flashing the front lights and greeting the driver via the instrument panel monitor.

According to automaker, there's also a "virtual agent" at the Toyota Smart Center who "recognizes the driver's voice and, through communication with the driver, predicts his or her intentions, setting the destination and operating various functions of the vehicle, such as the fog lamps and audio system".

Using voice commands, the driver can also tell the so-called virtual agent to check his or her house and perform certain tasks such as to lock the doors and open or shut down the air-condition from within the vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTpnuFBNryo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned

RE: Toyota's take on a Twizy

Great. Just what the EV supporters want - NOT.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 07:07 AM
Banned

Twiziy is good in looking can any one plz tell me about it's performance. If it's good in performance i want to get it .Really impressed by design which it had .
Good work done by Toyota.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

I loved mine, but the hard ride, coupled with speed bumps, road tables etc had me at the doctor constantly with neck pains. Changing to the Fluence was the cure - and my body has recovered.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Banned

I just want to say about interior. Interior felt like it was out of a custom-trim shop, rather than a production car, but that might've improved with more models made now.http://justcoachhire.co.uk/
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 09:38 AM

This car looks so neat. Will this concept ever go into production?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page