Tesla S - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Eep

Tesla S

Just a quickie. Saw my very first Tesla Model S yesterday.

Only realised it after it had passed me - it's an even more low key design than the photos suggest. Being painted in a dull primer grey didn't help matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

RE: Tesla S

I don't know why, but they leave me cold. (In much the same way Porsche's do). I'll never buy one, I don't like the looks, the costs is unreasonable and my boy-racer days are well behind me!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 08:57 AM

My issues with it (have been in one) are that with the batteries in the floor pan you lose interior cabin height, significantly enough that it is a very leg-forward sitting position, like a sports car or more Jaguar, with the knock-on issue that there just isn't enough headroom in the back for adults of greater than moderate stature. I like having good vertical height in the footwell to have a more upright seating position.

Interior felt like it was out of a custom-trim shop, rather than a production car, but that might've improved with more models made now.

I'm not saying it was bad, just not what I would have thought to be 'production quality' trim. You're paying for all those batteries with a Tesla, rather than the upper end of interior quality.

Cabin noisy at speed.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Eep

And wide. Supremely wide. My Forester is 1,735 mm from one side to the other and like the Bristol that's one of its best features for UK roads. By comparison the Model S wears a 1,963 mm grin, making it an entire 22 centimetres (almost 9 inches) wider.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 07:09 PM

... and that really does make a big difference, here in Blighty.

I really suffer with my back trying to extricate myself from wide cars in 'Little Britain' standard parking spaces. The Fluence is bad enough - it is as wide as the Espace and I shudder at trying to find a regular space for that when I go anywhere, though the Fluence seems to 'wear' the width a bit better because it is a curvier side, as opposed to the Espace's slab-sidedness.

What I'd really like is to see the XL1 made as a cheap, all-steel BEV car. That should be cheap to make and stunning as a two seater BEV. I'd love to slither out of those gull wing doors!

I've even seriously considered the Peugeot 1007, such is my loathing for struggling out of car doors that I'd even consider driving a car that looks like that!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eep View Post
Just a quickie. Saw my very first Tesla Model S yesterday.

Only realised it after it had passed me - it's an even more low key design than the photos suggest. Being painted in a dull primer grey didn't help matters.
I guess that might've improved with more models made now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 04:32 PM

I guess that might've improved with more models made now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page