Moral Issues - What would you to? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Moral Issues - What would you to?

My city has provided 8 on-street parking bays with a Fast Charger (T2) connected to CYC. Only EV's are allowed to use these bays, and parking is free whilst connected to the post.

An EUp! Has started using these bays, parks there but does not connect - AND parks there all day. It seems he's not getting tickets either.

I just couldn't get in - the other bays had charging EVs (that's fine) but I'm annoyed this guy isn't even pretending to charge - no cable, nothing.

What would you do? Summon a warden? Ask why he's not having to hook up to prevent a parking ticket? Or just ignore it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM

RE: Moral Issues - What would you to?

Does your city describe these bays as parking bays for EVs or charging bays? If the latter they should certainly discourage him in the time-honoured manner - a parking ticket. if they describe the bays as the former, should a quiet word not work I reckon he's got away with it.

Some folks need educating. The uneducated have a habit of getting it wrong (as you might expect). The third class of person is the educated, who knows precisely what he is doing and doesn't give a ****. I hope he's not the third type.... You could suggest he tries a disabled bay....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 01:40 PM

I suspect there are no city byelaws that would generate the circumstances for him to get a ticket. We have yet to see parking rules catch up with EVs, so I doubt a ticket could be defended if one was issued to him, just at the moment. Don't know, you could simply report the matter to the Council because correct EV bay use is a general issue that affects all EV users, and either it is something they can ticket for, or should ticket for!

Put a sticker on his window indicating that he should either use the post or free it up for those who want to use it. Don't use a sticker with very strong adhesive, though, else he might struggle to get it off....

I'm impressed that you have 8 bays all being used. What car selection is there parking up?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The bays are in two different streets around half a mile apart, so each street has 2 eVolt posts feeding 2 bays. These are the only locations with a TMO that explicitly prohibits anything other than than a charging (or at worst, connected) EV. Even disgruntled BB holders have found this to their cost!

The 4 spaces were taken up with the eUp!, an iMev, white Zoe, and 2 Leaf's - I ended up going to a nearby multi-storey which also offers free parking if you charge, and I got in there eventually.

It's just the blatant blocking of a recharge space that hacked me off - and it wasn't an ICE.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
The 4 spaces were taken up with the eUp!, an iMev, white Zoe, and 2 Leaf's

So, sounds like the e-up wouldn't have had a post to charge from?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Banned

Life's too short, just leave it alone and forget about it. If he's breaking the rules then they'll catch up with him - eventually.

Just be aware that what goes around comes around. You grass him up and then 6 months later it'll come back and sting you on your bum.

EV use should be encouraged and it appears it's been adopted nicely in your area. Shake their hand next time you see them for having the foresight for buying an EV.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The second leaf wasn't in a bay - it was waiting for a free space which is why a I drove on! Confusingly, there's a single 'car club' space at both these locations and even EVs get a ticket on the next space on!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 05:07 PM

Let's just run a 'gallery of shame' here. Just photo the offending car and pin it up here. None of this hiding registration nonsense. They should see themselves held up to ridicule.

"what goes around comes around" - I used to believe that and have always tried to do the right thing in life, and life's generally not returned the favour. I still try to do the right thing, but I don't expect anything in return, I only expect trouble in the future now!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 05:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
Let's just run a 'gallery of shame' here. Just photo the offending car and pin it up here. None of this hiding registration nonsense. They should see themselves held up to ridicule.

"what goes around comes around" - I used to believe that and have always tried to do the right thing in life, and life's generally not returned the favour. I still try to do the right thing, but I don't expect anything in return, I only expect trouble in the future now!
Can't do that Guv, it's their humin rights init.

Where've you been Donald? This isn't the land of the free, this is Blighty, part of the EUSSR. Can't post a pic of someones badly parked car, at least not on a forum like this where they could end up being sued or whatever.

You're welcome to set up your own website if you wanted and I'm sure it would be very popular. You also like to fight your corner so I'm sure you'll have lots of opportunity from the Legal Aided Human Rights Lawyers who'd be over you like, well you know what.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 08:34 AM

A photograph made in a public place is lawfully yours, whatever you want to do with it. Human rights do not extend to refusing to be seen in public when you're in a pulbic space!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page