Renault Z.E. Forum - View Single Post - Scary Experience
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 03:01 PM
GrumpyCabbie
Banned

RE: Scary Experience

The one thing that makes me wonder if it's a software and/or programming issue similar to the Prius problems is that, and I say this with the greatest respect, only one driver has had a problem with two cars.

Is that really bad luck or coincidence?

Or does he drive carefully and slowly, using the regen to slow the car? All very worthy but is this what's catching the car out?

The Prius has had this regen/friction issue, as has the Leaf and as has the Volt (US Ampera). It would appear logical that Renault would too, especially as the Leaf is similar in some ways.

And I just don't get why one owner has had the issue on two cars unless the problem is there on all cars and it's that his driving style is picking it up more often? I have had the Prius braking anomaly occur about 3 times (before the recall) and it is scary and does feel like you've been rear ended, but the graphs and detailed explanations pointed out that it is just a slowing of deceleration. Difficult to describe without the graph, but imagine you're slowing from 30 mph over 2 seconds as follows; 30, 29, 27, 24, 22, 21, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 17, 15, 12, 9 etc. That constant 19 mph would feel like a surge.

Or it might be nothing like this at all. But sounds logical and very feasible to me - though I would say that

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome