Renault Z.E. Forum - View Single Post - Light bulb moment
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
pauldb38

Light bulb moment

To be honest surrounding the fluence i found allot of negativity and i began to regret my purchase, but today i got my new polar card for their charge points so off i trotted in my fluence to waitrose just on the edge of town. Plugged in no problems the charge began and after going round waitrose i decided to go in to town, thought i would check the charge status on my phone thinking this is great, after it finished a returned to the car as a leaf driver pulled in. I looked at the leaf against my fluence and so glad i didn't buy a leaf the fluence is far more classy and looks it against leaf 10 fold. As i drove away feeling the luxury and smoothness at that point i realized i made the right choice i just love driving it. The only real downside is no fast charging but maybe in the future if not through renault maybe a diy route fast charging becomes a option who knows ? but for now i will just enjoy the car its a joy. If connecting 3rd party chargers wasn't a issue already we have these options ?

Maybe add a 22kW (brusa) charger?

Or parallel 2x Elcon 2500W chargers?

Or install an Orion BMS incl. CHAdeMo support (contactors, inlet, etc)

For most of the time overnight charging is fine but the odd trip thats over 100 miles fat charging is the way to go.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome