Renault Z.E. Forum

Renault Z.E. Forum (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/10-introductions/)
-   -   I got a Fluence ZE. (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/10-introductions/485-i-got-fluence-ze.html)

grshadow 11-24-2014 05:28 AM

I got a Fluence ZE.

Hello here,

Now I am a proud owned of the Fluence ZE. I got it as a part of the Better Place stock which was on sale here in Israel. I enjoy driving the car. However, in my area (Jerusalem) it reaches range of 100 km only because of hills. I have a lot of questions about the car, mainly about it's connectivity and multimedia system.

Does anybody have the image of original SD card for the head unit? Does anybody know how to develop applications for it? I am a programmer and I can do it if proper tools are available.

Also, I tried to eject the SIM card, but with no success. Is there any trick I should know?

GrumpyCabbie 11-24-2014 08:15 AM

RE: I got a Fluence ZE.

Welcome to the mad house :)

Glad you like your new purchase and it would be nice to see some pictures if you're able. It is my understanding that the BetterPlace cars are different to those on sale here in the UK. As our cars are Right Hand Drive we aren't familiar with the ex-BetterPlace cars as such by I believe they have some differences in the programming.

Someone else will come back with further details I'm sure.

donald 11-24-2014 06:49 PM

Yeah, sorry you are not likely to get much help here on the multi-media unless more people from your part of the world, or Denmark, join in. It was different as it was integrated with the battery swap system, which we don't have in UK.

grshadow 11-26-2014 07:51 AM

Yeah... But you folks can upload an image of SD card you have. I can upload mine. We might create and maintain a list of these images to find the best one. What do you think?

P.S. Photos of my car will follow... :)

Buzby 11-26-2014 03:49 PM

The SD card only has the mapping (in the UK, this is from Tom Tom). The firmware for the multimedia system is preloaded into NVR via the car's data connector - so an SD image would not provide you with much to play with.

Love your city, I was there last year just after Better Places packed up..... :( I didn't see any public (street) chargepoints which I thought would follow BP's demise, is there any?

gnrgy 11-26-2014 04:28 PM

Hey,

Write an email request to [email protected] and they will send you a link to download the content of the SD card.
Please provide the VIN number (Better Place system needs it in order to activate the head unit) otherwise it will be locked.
Also, you can provide driver names and they will prepare you different drivers' configurations.

enjoy!