Renault Z.E. Forum

Renault Z.E. Forum (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/)
-   Renault Fluence Z.E. General Discussion (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/12-renault-fluence-z-e-general-discussion/)
-   -   Better Place vehicles support (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/12-renault-fluence-z-e-general-discussion/487-better-place-vehicles-support.html)

gnrgy 11-24-2014 06:23 PM

Better Place vehicles support

Hi All,

Hope you all enjoy the Fluence as I do.

I would like to introduce the company I work for - Gnrgy, an Israeli company who purchased some of the Better Place activity during the liquidation and is providing service for BP ex customers in Israel and several countries abroad.

I was just informed about this forum and would like to offer our free support with anything related to Oscar (upgrading, changing names, time, etc...).
We also have a set of applications which you can download and install on your SD card.

Additionally, Gnrgy provides ZOE ready infrastructure, chargers service and nearly anything else in this field.

We will be more than happy to assist ex BP owners or new Fluence owners.

Cheers,
Ziv

donald 11-24-2014 07:50 PM

RE: Better Place vehicles support

Out of interest, how much are whole Fluences selling for out of Better Place, and what is the typical battery health?

gnrgy 11-25-2014 03:50 PM

We have here about 1500 Fluences, used are selling for around 10K-13K with the battery.
Do you mean the BH parameter that you can check at with the vehicle test equipment or for the capacity that the Oscar presents?

donald 11-25-2014 04:59 PM

10 to 13k in what currency?

I do not know what you mean by 'BH' or 'Oscar'. What is the usable kWh capacity?

gnrgy 11-26-2014 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donald
10 to 13k in what currency?

I do not know what you mean by 'BH' or 'Oscar'. What is the usable kWh capacity?

Currency is euros.

BH is "Battery Health" parameter which is something your service provider can read using a special device that connects to the vehicle.

Oscar is the multimedia system that Better Place developed for their vehicles. It's a custom device that runs a special app that monitors the battery and offers variety of other services (charging management, navigation, apps...).

I don't know how you calculate the usable Kwh capacity, but here we use this Oscar system that shows what is the total capacity of the battery and that usually shows 17-21 differ in the vehicle of course. We learned that the reading is not accurate.
If you have another method of measuring that i'll be happy to hear and try it here.

harelZE 11-27-2014 03:36 AM

how new apps got for the fluence... and one question.. can change the soft of my car for BP soft??

Buzby 11-27-2014 05:08 AM

It wouldn't be advisable as BP had a territory specific firmware to support their business model. This had to be modified as an emergency measure when they went bust. Quite why you would want to use such a system seems odd. What benefit do you think it would bring you?

harelZE 11-27-2014 09:57 AM

The system of ze conect are really bad. Dont know any information about battery charging . only got the aprox range in miles. I think the system for bp show much more information of battery. Charging time .. Honestly dont know. Only know this FW are really bad.

gnrgy 11-28-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harelZE
The system of ze conect are really bad. Dont know any information about battery charging . only got the aprox range in miles. I think the system for bp show much more information of battery. Charging time .. Honestly dont know. Only know this FW are really bad.

That's true, the issue is that the BP system requires different hardware installed and to be honest I personally wouldn't recommend it.
I dont even know if it's possible to make the change from Renault system to BP, I know the other way around does work.

flyer 11-28-2014 03:17 PM

Two questions : do you sell the battery for the fluence? And if I buy the whole car can you make some arrangements do deliver it?
Thanks