Renault Z.E. Forum

Renault Z.E. Forum (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/)
-   Renault Fluence Z.E. General Discussion (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/12-renault-fluence-z-e-general-discussion/)
-   -   Better Place vehicles support (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/12-renault-fluence-z-e-general-discussion/487-better-place-vehicles-support.html)

gnrgy 11-24-2014 06:23 PM

Better Place vehicles support
 
Hi All,

Hope you all enjoy the Fluence as I do.

I would like to introduce the company I work for - Gnrgy, an Israeli company who purchased some of the Better Place activity during the liquidation and is providing service for BP ex customers in Israel and several countries abroad.

I was just informed about this forum and would like to offer our free support with anything related to Oscar (upgrading, changing names, time, etc...).
We also have a set of applications which you can download and install on your SD card.

Additionally, Gnrgy provides ZOE ready infrastructure, chargers service and nearly anything else in this field.

We will be more than happy to assist ex BP owners or new Fluence owners.

Cheers,
Ziv

donald 11-24-2014 07:50 PM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
Out of interest, how much are whole Fluences selling for out of Better Place, and what is the typical battery health?

gnrgy 11-25-2014 03:50 PM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
We have here about 1500 Fluences, used are selling for around 10K-13K with the battery.
Do you mean the BH parameter that you can check at with the vehicle test equipment or for the capacity that the Oscar presents?

donald 11-25-2014 04:59 PM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
10 to 13k in what currency?

I do not know what you mean by 'BH' or 'Oscar'. What is the usable kWh capacity?

gnrgy 11-26-2014 03:03 AM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by donald
10 to 13k in what currency?

I do not know what you mean by 'BH' or 'Oscar'. What is the usable kWh capacity?

Currency is euros.

BH is "Battery Health" parameter which is something your service provider can read using a special device that connects to the vehicle.

Oscar is the multimedia system that Better Place developed for their vehicles. It's a custom device that runs a special app that monitors the battery and offers variety of other services (charging management, navigation, apps...).

I don't know how you calculate the usable Kwh capacity, but here we use this Oscar system that shows what is the total capacity of the battery and that usually shows 17-21 differ in the vehicle of course. We learned that the reading is not accurate.
If you have another method of measuring that i'll be happy to hear and try it here.


harelZE 11-27-2014 03:36 AM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
how new apps got for the fluence... and one question.. can change the soft of my car for BP soft??

Buzby 11-27-2014 05:08 AM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
It wouldn't be advisable as BP had a territory specific firmware to support their business model. This had to be modified as an emergency measure when they went bust. Quite why you would want to use such a system seems odd. What benefit do you think it would bring you?

harelZE 11-27-2014 09:57 AM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
The system of ze conect are really bad. Dont know any information about battery charging . only got the aprox range in miles. I think the system for bp show much more information of battery. Charging time .. Honestly dont know. Only know this FW are really bad.

gnrgy 11-28-2014 08:15 AM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harelZE
The system of ze conect are really bad. Dont know any information about battery charging . only got the aprox range in miles. I think the system for bp show much more information of battery. Charging time .. Honestly dont know. Only know this FW are really bad.

That's true, the issue is that the BP system requires different hardware installed and to be honest I personally wouldn't recommend it.
I dont even know if it's possible to make the change from Renault system to BP, I know the other way around does work.


flyer 11-28-2014 03:17 PM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
Two questions : do you sell the battery for the fluence? And if I buy the whole car can you make some arrangements do deliver it?
Thanks

Joseph 03-15-2015 06:07 PM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
Hi,

I purchased a 2nd hand BP Fluence EZ recently. How DO you get the old owner's name off of Oscar, and put the new owner's name on it?

Are you a native English speaker working at Gnrgy? I have a few questions that I'd like to ask, if you have a phone number. Otherwise, I can use this forum.

Thanks,

Joseph

ulrik_mehr 03-17-2015 05:55 PM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
Hi Ziv

That sounds really amazing. We are quite a few people here in Denmark with the Better Place Fluence, having the Oscar GPS.

I managed to find an uncrypted setting file (Israel setup) that I have played with and I found a way to change from summer time to normal time by setting system time to GPS. It seems to work, but we still need to see if it changes correctly back to summer time in about two weeks from now. I have also disabled the unused menues (Support and so..). This setting file, I gave to Renault in Denmark, so that other users hopefully can get this setting file installed.

BUT: We have no idea about how to change user name, Adding new charge stations, new MAPS and so because everything is encrypted....

Anything that you can add of information is greatly appreciated :-)

Best Regards
Ulrik Mehr
([email protected])



Quote:

Originally Posted by gnrgy
Hi All,

Hope you all enjoy the Fluence as I do.

I would like to introduce the company I work for - Gnrgy, an Israeli company who purchased some of the Better Place activity during the liquidation and is providing service for BP ex customers in Israel and several countries abroad.

I was just informed about this forum and would like to offer our free support with anything related to Oscar (upgrading, changing names, time, etc...).
We also have a set of applications which you can download and install on your SD card.

Additionally, Gnrgy provides ZOE ready infrastructure, chargers service and nearly anything else in this field.

We will be more than happy to assist ex BP owners or new Fluence owners.

Cheers,
Ziv


Joseph 03-27-2015 02:00 AM

RE: Better Place vehicles support
 
Hi Ziv from Gnrgy,

Are you still around? Is your offer to help us Fluence EZ Better Place owners still around?

Thanks,

Joseph


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome