Renault Z.E. Forum

Renault Z.E. Forum (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/)
-   Renault Fluence Z.E. General Discussion (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/12-renault-fluence-z-e-general-discussion/)
-   -   New Motor Required (https://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/12-renault-fluence-z-e-general-discussion/575-new-motor-required.html)

Chris 03-05-2015 04:15 PM

New Motor Required

Well, my Fluence stranded me on the way home last week and it was towed to the Dealer in Middlesbrough. It needs a new motor, which is at the bottom of the main power unit. My car is 3yrs 2 months old and has covered 20,000 miles. At first they said it wasn't covered by the warrantee but I politely reminded them of the 5 year warrantee for the electric powertrain parts. Cost is 2750 so I'm pleased they are honouring this. Spoke to the technician and it's the second one he's done. They wear out and cause a resistance to back up. Your car will not start (no GO light on the SoC meter, and you are stranded). You get the message 'Electric Fault, Danger' and the red Stop light comes on. I wouldn't want to be keeping my Fluence beyond the 5yr warrantee for electric parts -am sure the next motor will do the same after 20,000. Mmmmm. :@

hope all well with you guys, Chris

flyer 03-05-2015 05:03 PM

RE: New Motor Required

Sad to hear about your bad experience. But fortunately it was coverd by the warranty. I`ve just reached the 52000 miles mark, and so far (fingers crossed), Ive had a trouble free ride.

Chris 03-05-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer
Sad to hear about your bad experience. But fortunately it was coverd by the warranty. I`ve just reached the 52000 miles mark, and so far (fingers crossed), Ive had a trouble free ride.

Good to hear that, Flyer, maybe I've been unlucky. I guess you might hold the record for mileage on this forum? Well done! Chris

Buzby 03-06-2015 03:53 AM

Wow - some mileage. I've not reached 8k yet! (and it is 3 years old today). Shame your dealership were unaware of the warranty, it really works against their credibility.

What battery plan are you on? At 52k in 3 years, that 17k each year - if the max rate was 10k pa, thats going to be one heck of a final payment!

donald 03-08-2015 10:16 AM

This seems to be a common fault. Scary.

Buzby 03-08-2015 11:18 AM

Do you know any/many that have even got within 50% of 52k? To be 'common' it would need to be affecting more than 10% of the available cars, is this the case?

donald 03-08-2015 12:08 PM

I think - you'll have to correct me if I am out - it has [possibly] affected 4 here, and there are only a dozen owners or ex-owners on the site.

joel10873 03-08-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donald
I think - you'll have to correct me if I am out - it has [possibly] affected 4 here, and there are only a dozen owners or ex-owners on the site.

we had a brush unit, an armature, and the main top control unit (can't remember the initials they used!)

ours had done less than 1200 miles from new.

There was an issue on ours with the range not resetting and the software wouldn't update so a whole load of new bits went in!

Buzby 03-08-2015 06:31 PM

The usual three in Glasgow are all still in service as I saw them all on Saturday, maybe its the whisky?

Azc007 03-09-2015 03:28 PM

I had a new motor and am aware of at least 2 other replacements including this one.